Sunday, December 9, 2007

Blog Bling

I'm stealing a few minutes away from work for a very long overdue passing on of some very lovely blog bling that's been sent my way. Thank you everyone, I'm really touched that you're all reading and enjoying my little blog.

From both Memarie and Grace over at Sandier Pastures - the Totally Fabulous award. I think both of you are totally fabulous too (and not just because you picked me either).


This one I'm passing along to Fairly Odd Mother and to Storeimy over at Mountain Mama, who are both the kind of mothers I aspire to be, and pretty damn fabulous themselves.

And the very sweet Nice Matters from Fourier Analyst. She had the loveliest things to say about me, too. I'm not sure they're true, but I'm glad that I at least look nice and together from the outside.

This one I'm giving to Josie over at Josie Two-Shoes. She's getting hit with everything life can throw at her, and is somehow managing to handle it with grace of spirit. I don't know how she does it, I'd be curled up on the floor in the fetal position by now. If there's anyone who epitimizes nice, it's Josie. She truly has a beautiful spirit.

From Grace again (either she really really loves me or else I'm really really slow at responding to these things. I'm thinking it's the latter.) - Colors of Friendship This is an award celebrating blogging friendship that knows no boundaries, color or distance.



I really like the idea behind this one because one of the things I treasure most about blogging is the way it brings people from disparate lives together. In that spirit I'm going to pass it along to three people who I very much like and admire and who I would never have gotten to know if it weren't for this wonderful cybercommunity that brings together people from every corner of the globe:

Kathy from A Girl Grows Up - how cool is it for a New Yorker living in Israel to have a friend from Australia. I should be all jaded and cynical by now but no, I still think that sort of thing is very very cool. She's a fantastic writer too - go check out her stuff.

Lis (can I still call you Melissa?) from Lis Garrett - A Writer's Woolgatherings. Not only is she a great friend and a real inspiration to me as we face some similar parenting challenges, she's also pursuing her dream of becoming a writer. How inspirational is that!

Shelley from This Eclectic Life. My own life is richer for being able to call her friend, even if she has cost me a fortune in cleaning bills as I keep spitting coffee all over myself from bursting out laughing while reading her posts. Besides being a helluva woman, and doing something really amazing with her Share-A-Square Project (Go read this link. Yes, right now, I'll wait.), this Texas storyteller spins one heck of a yarn, dadgummit (did I use that right? I'm too much of a city kid myself to be able to even say dadgummit with a straight face.).

I'm going to pass this one right back to Grace too. My friendship with her epitomizes what this award is all about.

and now Kelley's new creation with the awesome name - the Less Than 3 award (hint: if you look at it sideways, the less than sign followed by the number 3 (which it won't let me type here without insisting it's some kind of html error) looks like a heart). Please link to Magneto Bold when you pass this one along so that Kelley can track the movement of her new creation.


This one goes to Jen over at Never a Dull Moment, for always being there with a listening ear when I need it. I less than 3 you Jen.


And last but definitely not least:

Simonne at All Tips And Tricks is having a group writing project asking…’What is Your Best Blogging Achievement?’ You can see the entries here. Shelly and her Share-A-Square Project get my votes! She needs that $100 win to help cover the postage costs for more afghan kits for the kids with cancer from Camp Sanguinity. Your vote can help her reach her goal to get a beautiful handmade afghan (made with squares donated with love from all over the world!) to each and every one of those kids. What are you waiting for? Go vote!

18 comments:

Shelly Kneupper Tucker said...

Sweet friend, thank you for the vote and for your kind words. I'm so sorry I keep making you spit coffee (you've done that to me more than once!). I'll try to straighten up and fly right. City girls should never say "dadgummit." That's for hicks like me!

Hugs to you!
Shelly
This Eclectic Life

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Thank you so much for the kind words and the award! I feel a bit sheepish as I type this since my kids are watching TV so I can read my favorite blogs, lol! Let's just say that I don't set the bar too high!

And, your awards are well deserved.

Unknown said...

Thank you so, so much! I am always amazed when someone awards me with such an honor because there are so many other wonderful blogs out there. Your friendship means a lot! (and yes, you can still call me Melissa!)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your vote, and for the link love. It is a pleasure to have you participating in my group project. Next time, I hope you'll enter with an article, too.

Robin said...

I look forward to it Simonne.

Anonymous said...

Oh Robin. Robin Robin Robin. I lub you. Thank you so very much for mentioning me. I've thought you were fabulous since the day I met you.....how many years ago now? I'm humbled, truly! And you so deserve those awards!

Anonymous said...

uuummmm...that "anonymous" was actually me, Darcy FYI. How the hell did I do that?

Robin said...

Not a clue Darcy dear. Not a clue...

Blogger's changed the comment form so that there's no "Other" option. You must have chosen "anonymous".

Unknown said...

You deserve all of your awards. I think you are totally FABULOUS!!


And I am finding blogger totally frustrating, not being able to link to other blogs outside of Blogger.

AreWeThereYetMom

Unknown said...

BTW~ When you mind scanning the recipe for the yeast braid with chocolate and pb? No rush, when you have time.

josie2shoes said...

Wow! What a nice thing to pass on to me, the perfect day brightener for a cold, grey, wet Monday! I think you are very deserving of all of these awards, Robin, it says how much your blog friends think of you. I too love how bloging transcends all boudaries!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Congratulations on the Totally Fabulous, Nice Matters, Colors of Friendship and Less Than 3 awards! Wow! Fantastic.

Maddy said...

Congratulations to you on all your awards and to all those who've received.
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Just Another Woman said...

That many colors of friendship bling is beautiful. It would make a great poster.

Phyllis Sommer said...

mazel tov - all well deserved awards for you!

Scribbit said...

Okay I get it, the heart. I'd seen that award and hadn't a clue :)

And congratulations btw.

Kathy said...

Congratulations on your awards!!!!

Thank you so much for the mention Robin, it was such a delightful surprise.

Your blog has inspired me in so many ways. Thank you.

Fourier Analyst said...

Great choices for awards! But now I have someone new to add to my reading list...(sigh)!