Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bathtub Art

.
.
Maya, the girl who would only scribble a few months ago, got creative with her tub toys last night. I'm not sure which makes me grin more - the freakishly large head on the small body, the boots for arms, or the fact that she took the trouble to stick a football in the woman's purse.
.
The feminist in me is tempted to proudly draw all sorts of non-gender-biased type conclusions here except for one minor detail - I strongly suspect that Maya doesn't have the faintest idea what an American football is. We don't have one and it's not on tv here, so it's altogether possible, even probable, that she stuck it in there for no reason whatsoever, just because she liked the way it looked.
.
Either way, it made us both happy.
.

11 comments:

Marinka said...

Love it! And although I live in the States, I'm not sure what American football is, either. ;)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Oh, I love it! Maya's really grown quite a bit lately.

As for football, no one's sure what it is anymore. The league's in turmoil at the moment.

(btw, are those boots for hands?)

Leora said...

Marvelous! Simply marvelous! I can see why your bathtub decoration would bring you both joy.

Anonymous said...

That is totally adorable! What a good job she did!

Anonymous said...

Very creative, indeed! *puts a football in the mail to you* :-)

Actually, I'm not a big football fan, so I don't know why I said that, it just seemed appropriate... *smirk*

ChrissyM said...

What a fabulous piece of art work. Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Maybe she thought the football was a fancy wallet?

Anonymous said...

Very fun post! I would say yes, an oval shaped object that I did not know about would fit better in a purse than on the head!!! Smart girl! :):)

Shannon said...

I think that bathtub gal is fabulous! What a whitty little girl you have.

Anonymous said...

That's wild! I love it!!

Carletta said...

Love it!