Monday, October 6, 2008

Not quite ready to tempt fate

.
I've been wanting to write a big long post about Maya and how she's doing this year for the past week or so, but every time I've written about the highs in the past they've invariably been followed by lows of epic proportions.
.
I've got a lot to say, but I'm not sure I'm quite ready to tempt the fates yet. In the meantime, you can just quietly smile as you imagine a beautiful young girl, flourishing, radiant and meeting the world head on. You might even imagine her drawing meaningful pictures (she was still just scribbling in July and now she's drawing pictures of her family!) and writing letters in two languages. And getting ready to have a princess birthday party.
.
Someday I might even introduce you to her.
.

.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Robin! : )

(Hey...FATE! Take a hike already!)

Robin, I'm so happy for you! I know what you mean about not wanting to tempt fate. I know so well. I just want to hug you and Maya; I know what a long, hard road it has been.

{{{hugs}}} : )

Leora said...

I see a beautiful girl who is beaming at her mother in a lovely setting.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, Robin, about tempting fate. As I write this, I'm waiting for a call from Jacob's teacher. Sigh.

She looks lovely. ;-)

melissa6 said...

she's gorgeous!!!!

Dawn Fortune said...

What a beautiful little girl.

From what I have observed, kids come with their own set of rules and directives that are not necessarily related to anything mom or dad might do. She'll get where she's going in her own good time. If possible, just enjoy the ride.

D

Wendy said...

It sounds like you have alot to celebrate and that she deserves a princess party. So glad you can post about successes and joys. Your pride does come through! Very much enjoy your blog!

Robert said...

Robin,
You don't need a lot of words to say a lot. The details make for a fuller story, but you already spoke volumes. :)

Shannon said...

Enough said. The image you depicted is almost as beautiful as the girl herself. Many, many more good days to come!

Jeanne Elle said...

What a sweet picture... she looks like a wonderful little girl :-)

Janet said...

crossing my fingers for you...that's a lovely picture of her :-)

anymommy said...

Wonderful. A beautiful girl and here's to a continuing happy and content year!

Anonymous said...

I noticed it too,Robin that when I talk about how things had been easy with Pristine,she suddenly sneezes (and everything goes downhill from there)!

Yay for Maya! She is one lovely girl I wish to meet in person someday. :-)