Monday, October 13, 2008

Five

.
.
There is simply nothing better in the world than turning five - you're old enough to understand that it's your birthday with all that that implies, and young enough that you gasp in delight when you open your gifts, thrilled with the fairies and the princesses and the tea sets, but still picking your brother's homemade card as your very favorite present.
.
Happy birthday to my incredible, wonderful, magical girl. To use your favorite expression, you're AMAZING. You've taken us on an unbelievable ride these past five years and I can't wait to see where you take us next. The sky's the limit, and you're reaching for the stars.
.
All my love,
Mommy
.

17 comments:

Leora said...

Happy Birthday, Maya. You brighten your mother's day.

Robert said...

Absolutely adorable! Happy Happy Birthday to your baby girl. :)

Jill said...

Five really is the best age...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I wish you a fantastic year filled with family, friends, and great memories!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, dear Maya! When you come see your grandparents next year I hope we can meet up!

Shannon said...

5 really is a great year. Happy birthday sweet Maya!

Dawn Fortune said...

Happy birthday to a beautiful girl. May this year be filled with magic and wonder.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet Maya! :) "One whole hand" is a great age to be!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Happy birthday, Maya! Happy birth day, Mommy!

Love from Mars--

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

Wendy said...

I have read a few of your archived posts on Maya and you do truly have cause to celebrate. Every transition is one to mark as a success. Congratulations on your ability to see the gifts, love unconditionally and find joy in the journey.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

She is so adorable! Happy fifth birthday!!!

anymommy said...

Happy Birthday, darling! I loved all the pictures.

Janet said...

Hope she had a perfect day :_)

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday to Maya!!

Lilight said...

She's a beauty, Robin. She's so photogenic. Happy 5th Maya!

Unknown said...

hurray for october birthdays!!! :) i hope she had a fabulously happy one! :)

Mojo said...

Oh wow... I found this one while snooping around trying to find a mention of when your birthday is (since you mentioned it and now I just have to know).

October 13 was my dad's birthday. He'd have been 76 on 10.13.08. And he'd have adored Maya I'm sure. She sort of reminds me of my niece, and he of course, adored her.