Saturday, July 21, 2007

Doncha Just Hate It When...

Margalit tagged me for a new meme called "Doncha Just Hate It When". You need to list 8 different things that drive you completely up a friggin' tree. Gee, I think I can do that... (Should be easy considering how bad a mood I've been in this weekend. Can anyone say "crazy woman at the mercy of her hormones"?) Ok, here goes...

1. DYJHIW the person in front of you in the supermarket check out line can't find their card, then asks 1,000 questions, then needs to send the checkout clerk to go bring razor blades or cigarettes or perhaps a case of soda, then needs to hear about the 12 different specials, then argues over the price of the meat they thought was on sale but isn't, then... All while you stand there holding a carton of milk and a container of cottage cheese, both of which will surely have gone sour by the time you're finally able to make your purchase.

2. DYJHIW your children take temporary leave of their senses and turn into demon spawn, who will surely vaporize in a ball of fire if they dare listen to so much as one word you say. (Bad day much Robin? Actually, today is ok, but this was definitely my yesterday.)

3. DYJHIW you finally decide on something you absolutely, positively must have for dinner, only to discover that you're missing one crucial and unobtainable ingredient.

4. DYJHIW you finally have the chance to go out for a date night and you can't get a friggin' babysitter, despite having TEN (!!) of them in your pda. (Damn girls are getting older and way too popular. Why should they get to go out on a date when I can't?)

5. DYJHIW someone in the house (who shall remain nameless but is 5'11" and has a first name starting with "J") puts your white sock in a dark load - thus dyeing it PINK and ruining a good pair of tennis socks.

6. DYJHIW you get stuck behind some idiot going at a slow crawl in the fast lane on the highway.

7. DYJHIW that same idiot has cut you off to do this.

8. DYJHIW you wake up one morning, at an age much closer to 40 than you'd like to admit, only to discover that along with the gray hair you're trying very hard to cover up and the damage that gravity has done to your already barely there boobs, you now have a GIANT ZIT right in the middle of your cheek! Gray hair and zits simultaneously, there is truly no justice in the world...

Whew, that was cathartic...

I'm going to tag Fairly Odd Mother, Shari, Meredith, Jen and Janet for this one. Happy bitching girls. Once you all finish reading HP that is, no one expects anything until then of course LOL.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha,LOL!
My husband and I were just talking about him buying red shorts. He'd accidentally put them with his work clothes and end up with pink socks.

And cooking dinner, only to find out I was out of something, I wouldn't go to the store just for one thing.
Good Thing, TAKE OUT!! :)

Have a great weekend!

Crazed Nitwit said...

It's all my fault. I tagged Margalit first. She's so good at inventive answers. Your answers were terrific as well.

Robin said...

It's a great meme Janice, how fun to have a license to bitch.

deedee said...

Your list is funny, I'll post mine this week.

Anonymous said...

This is just too weird! I haven't been out and about in a couple of days, but answered a meme very much like this one. I was going to tag you for it, but didn't get a chance to ask you if you wanted it, so I didn't. I was ranting about some of the same things! We must be on the same wave length. We must both be at the mercy of our hormones! Wait until you get past 50, baby. You'll think that 40 year olds are children! I agree with you that babysitters shouldn't get to date if you can't! LOL. Too funny

Fairly Odd Mother said...

See what happens when I turn off Google Reader for a few days? OK, I'll get on this shortly---thanks for the tag!