Thursday, July 19, 2007

TT #22 - 13 shows I'd love to see on reruns


I'm running late this week and very pressed for time, so here's an easy one: 13 shows I'd love to be able to catch on reruns.

1. Get Smart - need I say more?

2. Dangermouse - Greatest Cartoon EVER

3. thirtysomething - a great show, and I think I'd like it even better now that I am in fact 30-something (for a little while longer anyway. Ahem.)

4. Hill Street Blues - the original gritty cop show

5. Zoom - the original ones, for my kids

6. Electric Company - for my kids, and to see a young Morgan Freeman do Easy Reader

7. The original Super Heroes - a cartoon from the good old days

8. Gilligan's Island - if only to get the damn song out of my head

9. M*A*S*H - it just doesn't get any better than this. Hmmm... I see that the whole series is available on dvd. I wonder how much it costs...

10. OLD episodes of Letterman from back when he was young and edgy (before he moved over to CBS)

11. The Partridge Family - for the music of course

12. Little House on the Prairie - I LOVED both the books and the show as a child, I'm curious to see how the series would hold up now





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



27 comments:

Suprina said...

Robin-this is so funny, I did 13 of my favorite old television shows.

You have some on your list that I have completely forgot about.

Great TT!

Scribbit said...

I loved Get Smart--that was one funny show.

Unknown said...

What a fun list..I loved 30something.

Anonymous said...

My daughter loves little house on the praire reruns and books. I love to watch Charmed.

Gattina said...

Besides the little house in the prairie I don't know any of these shows or at least not their english title.

Anna said...

I'd love to watch thirtysomething again, now that I'm approaching "fortyhood." Also The Cosby Show, Murphy Brown and Friends... Great list!!!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yeah, a lot of these would be great to see again. I'm getting my daughter hooked on Little House reruns; she really likes it. Sadly, #1 doesn't. So... they fight over whether or not they can watch it.

*sigh*

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Great list - I was a huge Little House fan!!

Anonymous said...

So many of these are my favorites! I love Little House - I still watch it sometimes (oh, is that embarrassing?)

Tink said...

I don't know all of them, but there are some great ones I'd love to see too. One of the networks over here is doing rerunbs of Hillstreet Blues and Little House, yay!
Thanks for visiting my full moon TT.

Jeremy Lowe said...

Oh, so sad. Almost every one listed is in rerun on satallite here in the States.

I watched Gilligian as a young man and can almost quote all the shows and would still numb my brain and watch some clean humor...

Veronica Arch said...

I love Get Smart. I still remember the episode with the tarantula and the sauce.

Great TT!!

Unknown said...

Oh! I loved Electric Company--that's a good one!

Anonymous said...

Your shows are similar to what I'd choose - ahh, a trip back to childhood.

We saw the trailer to the new Get Smart film recently. I can't decide if I'm looking forward to it or not.

impwork said...

I've just seen Hill Street Blues Seasons 1 and 2 for the first time on DVD. Its fun to see the way they sit as a bridge between 70s and 90s American cop shows. I'd never quite figured out how Starky and Hutch became NYPD Blue - now I understand. Great show too.

J. Lynne said...

I used to work with a former Partridge. I'll never watch be able to watch the show again...

Happy TT.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I just saw the Time-Life infomercial on Get Smart, and HE is seriously thinking about buying the collection. We couldn't stop laughing at all the small clips and remembering how funny the show was.

Fun list.
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I still watch MASH over and over and over again. Can't get enough and always laugh at the same scenes. This was a great list. Brought back some great memories.

Lyn said...

Great shows! I like Get Smart, I think it's going to become a movie too. Lyn from Bloggin' Outloud

Angel The Alien said...

They should DEFINITELY show the Electric Company again! I used to watch the Monkees reruns on Nickelodeon when I was a kid.

Jenny said...

I loved watching Zoom! The current Zoom is just not the same...sigh....

Julie said...

Haha, I have the Monkees in my list this week as well.

Janet said...

Loved Get Smart, too! I dated a guy named Don Adams...didn't look a thing like the actor, wrong color, even, but I always thought it was funny LOL! Also loved Hill St, Gilligan, MASH & the Monkees...

Nancy said...

I loved Thirty Something!

Another I like but it isn't avail. on DVD is "The Wonder Years" because it takes place in the 70's ... my High School Years

Fairly Odd Mother said...

We had just finished the entire Little House series when I decided to Netflix a few of the shows----they made me crazy (and I L-O-V-E-D them as a child). First, they made Mr. Edwards into a drunk! Sure, he gets reformed, but a drunk?!? Then, they changed and added so much (I know they had to do it to make a TV series work, but it was hard to watch).

We also Netflixed the Best of the Electric Company and it is awesome. Easy Reader makes me drool.

Eimi said...

Now I have the Gilligan's Island song in my head. Thanks for that!

Anonymous said...

Dangermouse was great!! I hadn't thought about it in years, but I loved that show. I agree, bring on the reruns.