Sunday, July 15, 2007

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a blimp! No, it's Robin's giant head!

Seriously you guys, I think my overinflated ego is going to cause my head to swell right up and explode - over the past week and a half, I've gotten not one, not two, not three, but FOUR different awards from awesome bloggers I really admire, all saying such lovely things too. What a compliment! Like I said to Jen, with weeks like this I'm going to have to stop picturing myself sitting alone at the unpopular table, and I may need an anchor to keep my head from crashing through the ceiling.
.

Shelly from This Eclectic Life gave me a Schmoozer Award. I always knew that I was physically incapable of shutting up, now I've got proof!





.
.

Last week Jen from Never A Dull Moment and Michelle from Scribbit both gave me Rockin' Girl Bloggers, and then to my surprise I found that Janet over at Fond of Snape The Beach had dropped another one on me!


So, without further grandstanding (Down ego! Down!) on my part I'd like to share the love by taking the somewhat unusual step of turning around and giving BOTH of these awards to one individual who really represents the spirit of both to me: WhyMommy. If you don't know WhyMommy, please click on the Team WhyMommy button on my sidebar and go meet someone truly incredible, and lend her some support and some love while you're there. She needs all she can get.


I'm giving her the Schmoozer for the way she has opened up her life, and her fight against her recently discovered Inflammatory Breast Cancer, to everyone in the blogging world, talking openly about her cancer and where it is taking her so that other women will learn from her story. I know this openness is going to save lives out there. Someone is going to go get something suspicious checked, someone else is going to find strength to keep going when theirs ebbs, she is going to save lives.

On the other side of the spectrum, I'm giving her the Rockin' Girl Blogger award for the way she is working so hard to keep her family her focus, not her disease. Just a few days after receiving her first chemotherapy treatment she is focused not on the next one but on the playdate she plans to attend on Tuesday.

WhyMommy embodies everything I hope I could be in the face of great adversity. She truly is a rockin' girl.

All of you that write blogs, that comment on them, that just read them - you're all rockin' in your own individual ways, with your own strengths and joys. How wonderful it would be if you could just take a minute to go lend some of that strength and joy to one of our own who could really use it right now. Leave her a comment, or just keep a good thought in your heart. We can't stop this terrible disease, but together we can try to make it a little bit easier to bear.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She sounds deserving, indeed! I'm heading over now :-)

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Great choice in picking Whymommy, and congrats on your awards too!

Janet said...

I'll always be fond of snape :-) even if the header says fond of the beach...which I do love, but still. Go by the URL :-)

Terri said...

Look at you go!!!! Congrats Robin!