Friday, January 25, 2008

What was that again?

A few week's ago Angie from Seven Clown Circus tagged me for the Read It Again meme. This is a fun one because it gives you a chance to revisit some old favorites, perhaps even some that were lost in the internet shuffle during the days when you only had 2.4 readers a week... I first answered this meme here, so you if you look at that one you'll actually get twice as much bang for your meme buck. There are posts there that even I've forgotten about. Good ones, too.

So here's how it works. Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you’ve written. But there is a catch:

Link 1 must be about family.

Link 2 must be about friends.

Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are… what you’re all about.

Link 4 must be about something you love.

Link 5 can be anything you choose.

This is a great way to circulate some of the great older posts everyone has written, return to a few great places in our memories and also learn a little something about ourselves and each other. Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least TWO of the people you tag must be newer acquaintances so that you get to know each other better. And don’t forget to read the archive posts and leave comments!

So here are mine:

Link 1 - Family: Family History As Seen Through A Rolling Pin

Link 2 - Friends: International Ice Cream For Breakfast Day

Link 3 - What I'm All About: Is it the events, or is it the moments? and It's The Little Things

Link 4 - Something I love: Since I love writing, how about this, or this, or this.

Link 5 - Wild Card: The Old Man of the Mountain

I'm going to tag whoever out there hasn't done this one yet and is interested. Please do let me know in the comments if you do it, I'd love to see what you choose. Oh, and I'm also going to tag Maddy, Janet and Grace, since they were kind enough to bestow various awards and bling on me. (See, instead of thanking them properly and passing them on (which I will get to SOON, I promise) I'm giving them homework. Nice of me, isn't it?)

12 comments:

MommyTime said...

I'm having a good time reading your older posts and getting to know you through Scribbit. I wanted to send you an email to thank you, too, for reading so many entries for the last Write-Away contest -- and being so kind as to bestow upon me an honorable mention. But for some reason the "email me" link on your profile launches my broken Outlook program, and then I can't write you. So I'm writing a totally inappropriate comment here. But I couldn't go any more days without saying THANK YOU -- both for the prize and for the writing that always gets me thinking. Have a good day!

Nancy said...

What a great meme. If you don't mind, I'm going to do it too. Now I am going to go read your links =)

Anonymous said...

ok I did it and linked to here, but I don't know how to get my name up quite. hmmm.

Misty said...

since I am new to your blog, this was perfect timing because I got to see some older posts and I like it all the more!

Robin said...

Mommytime - You're very welcome, on both counts. It's my pleasure.
I'm looking forward to reading more of your writing too.

Nancy - I'll be looking out for it :)

Lilibeth - I meant to say "let me know in comments", sorry for the confusion. I've fixed it in the text now. I'll be by to read your entries in a few minutes.

Misty - thank you, and welcome.

Phyllis Sommer said...

ooh, i like the old posts. i came by to tell you how nice it was to see your profile on scribbit! shabbat shalom!

Unknown said...

I did this meme a while back...months ago? A year ago? The memory is starting to fade...

Happy weekend!

Janet said...

You tagged me! EEK! Me and my bad memory will try to do this :-)

And I forgot to mention on your T13 that I LOVE your picture! Just noticed it yesterday, nice to see you :-)

Anonymous said...

Aye, aye captain!! Will do this as soon as I can!

BTW, I remember all your posts linked here just by the title because I am a fan of your blog. :-)

Anonymous said...

That looks like an awfully complicated post! Plus all the linky do dahs! Never mind, I'll give it a go, all those rules!
Best wishes

Fourier Analyst said...

Okay, I'm gonna play this one, but it will be a while. I'll let you know when I've done it!! It is fun! I love old posts!

Reiza said...

I'm oh so very late, but I just posted my own today. Thanks for leaving this open. I thought the idea was intriguing, but never bothered. Today, I bothered and I'm glad I did.

I read through yours when you first posted this. Some I read previously, but some were posted before I found my way here. So it was really neat to read through them all and get to know a bit more about you.